Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Magazines and tea

Yesterday I received a postpackage from the Netherlands with some very usefull things. For starters, it contained the powercabel for my new laptop-with-a-flat-battery. No need to elaborate on that one. I was also very pleased with the Dutch liquorice, or 'dropjes'. Although I hardly ever eat 'drop' at home, having more of a savoury tooth, here they all of a sudden give me that homey feeling. The best things in there though were 1. really good redbush tea with fruit and 2. Dutch magazines. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Ozzies have no clue about either of these items. The teas here are either very black and need a lot of diluting with milk to come close to being drinkable, or they are fruity infusions which are always sort of sour. The best I discovered so far is the green Chai tea, which also needs milk. Pickwick in the Netherlands on the other hand makes nice lightly coloured fresh tasting teas, which even got my English coffee loving friend Julie on to drinking tea. Well, have to be very careful with this one package, so I'm afraid you cannot stop by and sample it. ;-p
Never thought much about the magazines before. I mean, they were there and I read them, until we left. Here in Oz I haven't found any women's magazines so far that are not either about celebs, beauty or kids. All of them subjects I'm not particularly interested in, to tell you the truth. So I have rationed myself now to one magazine every few days, in order to enjoy the Esta's and Viva's for as long as possible. Thanks so much Martine, for sending my some FUN! J

No comments: