Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Courage under fire

Is sometimes just quitting. Refusing to be there any longer. So, that is what I did today: quit the job. Boy, that feels good! I'll take two weeks to finish our book and then I can finally focus on finding a job in education. Or any other job that does not require being glued to a chair in front of a computer for 8 hours a day while pretending to be brain dead.

Right away decided to check out a flamenco class next Sunday too. See, it is working wonders already. I'm happy. Watch out world, here I come! :-))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you! I hope you're able to find another job soon. You seemed to like teaching when you still lived in the cold north ;o)

Lucienne said...

Yes I did, a lot. Already working on getting some contacts at the uni's here, but it will take time. Problem is that I just got an email from the publisher, which contains a lot more work that 2 weeks. Sigh.
On the positive site: next deadline is in December. Oops, that is only 2 months! Try to find something parttime until then. Pity they don't pay you in advance for all the writing!