Dancing through life

About all the odd stuff that happens to me, a square head or cloggie as they say, down under.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Quest almost over

Two very good chances of getting an interesting job were both smashed into pieces last week. For 2 days I sank in this pool of self pity, thinking unhelpful thoughts as 'I'll never find a job' and 'nobody is ever going to hire me' and 'I'm a big failure and should have stayed in the Netherlands'. After that this determination came over me and I decided I was not defeated yet!

So I started searching all over again and send in my resume to various agencies, which got me a number of invitations to come around and introduce myself. Don't know why it worked this time, but never question a good thing, right? And now it seems the quest is almost over: next week I have to discuss the details (minor things like salary and all that), but it sure looks like I've found a job for 3 days a week until July! Hurray!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:59 am , Anonymous emeralds_roses said...

    Congratulations! It seems that luck has shone on both of us. My contract was not renewed (I found out in November) and after intense searching I found a job at the competitor school. I start on the 1st of February (my contract here ends on the 31st of January) and I've got lots of perks too :o)

     
  • At 6:05 pm , Blogger Velle said...

    yaaaaaay!

    I know you told us over coffee, but thought I'd put my congratulations here for prosterity.

    :o)
    Velle

     
  • At 12:23 am , Blogger lisakline2678095825 said...

    I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

    http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:32 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home