Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Job interview

I had a job interview this week and it was totally different from all the other interviews I ever had before. They did not ask ANY of the questions everybody else always asks, like 'why should we employ you', 'why did you leave your last job' and 'what are your weak points'. (Tempting but wrong answers to these questions are by the way: 'because I'm the best', 'the boss was an arsehole' and 'I don't have any'). Also no questions about my cover letter, my CV or my three pages addressing of the nine selection criteria.

Anyway, we had a nice talk, crammed with four people in a tiny office, around a round coffee table. Our knees almost touched, so formality was out of the question, which suits me fine. I felt right at home and would love to start. Rather sooner than later. Got the impression though, that they got a part timer lined up for the full time job, because they asked me if I would mind working part time. Well, actually I prefer that. No probs!

So, keep my fingers crossed till January (after I finished typing of course), cause they will take that long to let me know.

No comments: